xxxxx - DISCONTINUED PRODUCT
Cybernet Medical’s home data collection technology is based around a scalable, centrally operated outpatient Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system.
Data is generated by the patient through (1) MedStar at-home data collection set-ups for congestive heart failure (CHF), chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), diabetes, etc., (2) shared data collection kiosks, or (3) structured dialogues delivered via the Web, or phone via Interactive Voice Response (IVR). The data is received at the central service location and entered into a secure, FDA-approved electronic medical record system.
As the data is received, it is automatically screened against physician-directed criteria to identify actionable medical alerts that are dispatched to the physician, the family caregiver and/or the patient. Alerts are set-up through customizable preferences (phone, pager or e-mail), and when patient data arrives it is checked against the criteria to generate alerts ranging from reminders to refill prescriptions to warnings of emergent events that may require an in-office visit.
The caregiver then accesses the database records for the patient through a Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act (HIPAA) compliant, secure Web site. This individualized patient status record includes relevant medical history information, recent physiological signs, and results from recent notes and subjective question/answer sessions between the system and the patient.
The MedStar secure Web interface and EMR system provides clinical users and patients access to MedStar and/or cardiac event data from MedStar data collection servers, allowing:
- Patients to see their own records;
- Physicians access to their patients’ data and trend analyses;
- Tracking and scheduling control of out-patient medical equipment;
- Notification of physicians and/or technicians via e-mail, pager or phone when patients’ metrics exceed customized limits;
- Automatic phone and Web-based question and answer sessions with patients;
- Medication and appointment reminders; and
- Automated fax reports to physician offices.