Leading Mich. Contractor to Provide Modeling, Simulation and Training Support for DoD Warfighter Needs
Ann Arbor, Michigan - The Program Executive Office for Simulation, Training, & Instrumentation (PEO STRI) has awarded two STRICOM Omnibus Contracts (STOC II) to Cybernet Systems Corporation of Ann Arbor, Michigan.
These contracts allow Cybernet to provide PEO STRI the full spectrum of warfighter simulation, training, modeling, test and instrumentation products for use throughout the Army, the Department of Defense, and other coalition members.
Cybernet competed for these contracts over the last 18 months, and can now compete for individual work tasks in support of modeling and simulation requirements. The IDIQ contracts will be in place for 10 years and are estimated to have a total lifetime value of $17.5 billion.
Cybernet has more than 20 years of extensive experience in modeling, simulation and training, delivering products and services through commercial licensing and over 100 completed contracts in these areas,” said Heidi Jacobus, Chairman and CEO. “We are eager to use our capabilities to support the warfighter’s needs through STOC II efforts.”
Cybernet simulation and training capabilities include:
- Virtual Systems Integration Laboratory (VSIL), which provides open interoperability between simulation models generated by different manufacturers.
- Highly portable Geo-Location/Situation Awareness products for Geo-pairing, Blue Force Tracking, Robotics, and weapon/muzzle orientation/tracking solutions based on solid state, magnetic, GPS, and FOG technology fusion.
- Gesture and human motion detection/analysis for intent, behavior, and command generation: for instance hand motion controlled presentations and dismount soldier training.
- Open standard massive multiplayer HLA/DIS gaming technology, terrain generation, and cockpit/part task trainer integration for vehicle and flight simulation, training and mission rehearsal operations.
- Rapid prototyping in software, electronics, plastic, and other materials.
About Cybernet Systems
Cybernet Systems Corporation is a leading American research and development company that engineers technological solutions to some of the world’s leading defense and medical challenges. Headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan, Cybernet ingenuity can be found supporting American troops at installations around the world, in millions of home gaming systems, and providing critical support for medical systems and patients across the country. Cybernet was recognized by Corp! magazine as a candidate for the 2009 Best of Michigan Business award. For more information, please visitwww.cybernet.com.