OpenSkies is a networking system interoperable with High Level Architecture (HLA) that allows large numbers (100,000+) of clients to interact in real time within a common object space. OpenSkies provides a software development kit (SDK) that allows developers to create or retrofit applications. OpenSkies provides:
- An environment that is inherently interoperable with Defense Department standards, and has virtually no limit to where you can play or how many players with whom you play;
- A network performance good enough for the most demanding first-person shooter game or your most demanding command and control/situation understanding application;
- A multi-player network setup and operating costs in half, with commercial off-the-shelf reliability; and
- The OpenSkies Real-Time Intelligent Routing technology provides a low-cost, high-performance solution that is easy to implement into games and simulations, making them Defense Department HLA compliant.
Massive Multiplayer HLA Networking
- Scalable, Distributed HLA Networking - scale to more than 100,000 clients.
- IEEE 1516 Interoperable, Fault Tolerant and Self Healing System.
- Linux, Unix and Windows HLA Gateway Support.
Flexible Simulation Engine
- Virtual World SDK for building complex, interactive worlds and sims.
- Vehicle and Physics SDK with Model Library for realistic simulations.
- Scenario SDK for building complex training exercises.
Game and World Development Tools
- DirectSound 9.0, DirectInput 9.0 and OpenGL support.
- Instrument Panel SDK for rapidly creating detailed user interfaces.
- Animation SDK for representing complex 3D animated characters.
Multi-Source Terrain Engine
- Reads DTED elevation data, reads and rasterizes VPF data.
- Micro-terrain capability for generating higher detail than in data files.
- MIL 2525B Symbology API.
Agent-Based Computer AI
- Handle hundreds of UAVs in a networked environment.
- Intelligent Agents enhance team performance.
- Computer Vision-Based Decision Systems.