Cybernet’s Virtual Systems Integration Lab (VSIL) is an integrated simulation platform for the development, modification, and prototyping of vehicle systems and components. VSIL was developed by Cybernet and the U.S. Army Tank-Automotive Research Development and Engineering Center (TARDEC). VSIL leverages commercial virtual-design technology pioneered in the automotive industry to simulate Army vehicles and perform rapid trade-off analysis for soldier safety and operational effectiveness. VSIL tests subsystems in new designs and is easily maintained because it reuses existing components and subsystems. VSIL includes the Virtual Systems Editor (ViSE) tool for configuring, executing, controlling, and monitoring simulations.
VSIL users can:
- Consolidate simulation tools currently in use
- Reduce the time, cost and resources needed for developing a new system
- Design and work with virtual models
- Enhance vehicle performance and soldier safety
- Reduce cost and improve efficiency in the hardware design process
- Enable tradeoff analysis for cost and performance evaluation early in the design process
- Reduce demand for costly prototypes, resulting in lower non-recoverable costs
- Collaborate under the design environment for multi-designer input and analysis
Simulation and Training
OpenSkies is a networking and simulation system interoperable with High Level Architecture (HLA) that allows large numbers (100,000+) of clients to interact in real time within a common object space. OpenSkies provides a software development kit (SDK) that allows developers to create or retrofit applications, providing:
- An environment that is inherently interoperable with Defense Department standards, and has virtually no limit to where you can play or how many players with whom you play;
- Network performance good enough for the most demanding first-person shooter game or command and control/situation understanding application; and
- Setup and operating costs reduced by half, as well as commercial off-the-shelf reliability.
OpenSkies’ Real-Time Intelligent Routing technology provides a low-cost, high-performance solution that is easy to implement into games and simulations.
Massive Multiplayer HLA Networking
- Scalable, Distributed HLA Networking – scale to more than 100,000 clients.
- IEEE 1516 Interoperable, Fault Tolerant and Self Healing System.
- Linux, Unix and Windows HLA Gateway Support.
Flexible Simulation Engine
- Virtual World SDK for building complex, interactive worlds and sims.
- Vehicle and Physics SDK with Model Library for realistic simulations.
- Scenario SDK for building complex training exercises.
Game and World Development Tools
- DirectSound 9.0, DirectInput 9.0 and OpenGL support.
- Instrument Panel SDK for rapidly creating detailed user interfaces.
- Animation SDK for representing complex 3D animated characters.
Multi-Source Terrain Engine
- Reads DTED elevation data, reads and rasterizes VPF data.
- Micro-terrain capability for generating higher detail than in data files.
- MIL 2525B Symbology API.
Agent-Based Computer AI
- Handles hundreds of UAVs in a networked environment.
- Intelligent Agents enhance team performance.
- Computer Vision-Based Decision Systems.